JUNE HIGHLIGHTS & JULY PLANNING





JUNE HIGHLIGHTS

June was a very good reading month for me. Maybe not in quantity books I've read but in quality. I actually read less than my usual. But all of my readings were rated with 4 or 5 stars and some of these will definitely  be included in the top 10 of 2020. I read 3 books that ripped my heart out. Maybe I was a little bit emotional in my personal life but, man, I had a few very heartbreaking reading experiences this month.

I started June by reading A Court of Mist and Fury and I was so nervous about this one. I mean, it's one of the highest rated books in Goodreads and the hype it has in Bookstragram community lasts until these days. It's always tricky to read this kind of books because you're expecting something from it either if you set your mind to it or not. I read A Court of Thorns of Roses early in the year and I really loved it. I don't want to spoilt anything but people who fiercely love ACOMAF tend to hate ACOTAR so I was afraid I wasn't going to like it. Maybe I was the exception. But let me tell you, I was so wrong. Maas does a beautiful and wonderful work with the characters in this sequel. The emotion felt so real and human that I really connected with them, specially Feyre. Feyre I was rooting for you the whole time. I felt and understood you. I remember finishing the book literally aching that the characters were not real. I mean, why am I not living in Velaris and being friends with the Inner Circle? I understood the hype this book has and I thought it really deserves it.

Another highlight of the month was Ruthless Gods, only because it was my most anticipated release of the year and it didn't disappointed me. The release date was set on April but due to the international situation and shipments being first cancelled, then delayed, I got my copy in June. It was everything I expected it to be and more. It was very well done.

I returned to contemporary genre, one I didn't pick in a long time. Due to somethings I was experienced in my life, I felt the need to read something relatable...and that's when I usually turn to contemporaries. I can always find a book that talks about what I'm feeling, and this time I read In Five Years, by Rebecca Serle. I cried with this one.

Another highlight for me was that I finally became friends with audiobooks. I was that kind of person who literally couldn't understand the whole thing. I tried so many times and failed. I got distracted while listening to them. I couldn't follow the stories. Until this month that I listened to There Will Come A Darkness by Katy Rose Pool. This one worked for me and loved it.

JULY PLANNING

FINISHING SOME SERIES I have A Court of Wings and Ruins which I will definitetly pick up, and  the Shadow and Bone trilogy.

The rest of the month is still a mistery. I will try to continue the reading rhythm to finally catch up with my reading challenge in GoodReads. I mean, January and February are the reason why I'm behind now. I always find it so difficult to read in summer and holiday months. 

Lu.


Comentarios

Entradas populares